Thursday 10 September 2015


1. Introduce yourself.
My name is Danial Faez bin Jenuil and I am from Kundasang, Sabah. I am 22 years old. I do a lot of sports especially badminton and outdoor running and hiking.

2. How would you rate yourself in terms of your computer skills and why? (e.g. expert, novice, savvy, geek, illiterate etc)
In terms of my computer skills, I can only rank myself as a novice computer user as I played a lot of computer games such as DotA, Counter Strike, as well as incorporating some basic computer software in my assignments and my daily use.

3. What computer software and hardware knowledge do you have?
Well I know them Microsoft softwares and I know how to disassemble a computer part by part :B

4. Have you experienced learning via the computer (online courses, using courseware, websites etc)?
I did exercises on the 'Score A' online exercises during my secondary school and did some discussion in the student portal. So, yes I have.

6. What is your opinion on the use of computer/technology in language teaching?
Using computer and technology in language teaching is more fun rather than just giving lectures and reading the textbooks. So, I think that incorporating technology in teaching language could make the students more focused and  entertained during classes.

7. What are your expectations from this course?
I hope that I can learn more on how to use technology especially computers in my teachings as well as learning the bits and pieces on the tricks in the software (for starters, doing the quiz in Microsoft Excel was cool)

8. What is the topic chosen for your Academic Exercise? Why have you chosen the topic? Who is your supervisor?  How do you plan to complete your AE so that it follows the designated processes (chapter by chapter) and can be submitted on time?
My topic for my Academic Exercise is 'The Effectiveness of Games on Learning a Foreign Language' which involves the students to learn through games. Similar to using computers in classes, i think using games in lessons could be more entertaining compared to using the traditional chalk-and-talk method. The supervisor has not been given yet, and I plan to complete my AE on time by giving more attention to my AE and also by seeing my supervisor often to hear about his/her suggestions from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home